Responsibility and respect: Organic, Fairtrade and Local
Nina Catering works with suppliers who have the same sense of responsibility and respect for the raw materials used. The emphasis is on freshness and fair production; both of the land, from the sea and the air. Pure food, which is not only tasty, but also healthy.
Good food is essential for the proper functioning of the human body. Good quality food influences and promotes the health and overall quality of life. Organic food is not only a label that guarantees the well-being of animals and nature; it is also food that does not contain unnecessary preservatives, colouring agents and flavouring agents. The fish which is used by Nina Catering has a MSC label. This sustainable MSC label guarantees curbing overfishing and by-catch, in short; MSC labelled fish limits the damage done to the ecosystem.
Through personal contact and professional collaboration with Max Havelaar, Nina Catering has extensive knowledge of Fairtrade products. These raw ingredients are produced with respect for the farmers; they get a fair price for coffee, quinoa, chocolate and nowadays even flowers and cotton.
Ingredients produced locally by our suppliers do not only ensure no unnecessary transportation cost and mileage, it is also a guarantee of freshness. Moreover, the use of local producers guarantees a personal contact with the supplier; this way Nina Catering has the certainty that we always use the best available products for our catering events.
Nina Catering pursues the ideals of organic products and local suppliers. Wherever possible, we use organic products, fair trade products and local suppliers. However, sometimes if a particular ingredient is not available, we will use the best available alternative.
Examples of dishes that Nina Catering has served in the past:
- MSC Halibut from the North Sea, Dutch shrimp bisque and brandy cream.
- Skin fried MSC cod, crayfish and Opperdoezer mousseline.
- Rouleau of guinea fowl, parsnip cream and DOC Parmesan crunch.
- Slow cooked Livar pork cheek, white wine and thyme, roasted seasonal vegetables and chips of purple truffle potatoes.
- Vegetarian ratatouille, bell peppers, eggplant, tomato and zucchini flower stuffed with ricotta.
- Artichoke risotto with green asparagus, mascarpone and sorrel.